If you do much downtown parking, chances are you have plenty to say about PARKatlanta.
That’s the on-street parking management company that has a contract with the city of Atlanta to write tickets and see that parking rules are enforced. Well, now’s your chance to vent.
The Transportation Committee of the Atlanta City Council is inviting the public to a series of town hall meetings to provide feedback in person and online regarding PARKatlanta. The purpose of the meetings are to help city officials decide whether to hire a new company when PARKatlanta’s contract expires in 2016, or to handle parking management in-house.
The first meeting is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Atlanta City Hall, Council Chamber, at 55 Trinity Avenue SW.
The meeting will be broadcast live on City Channel 26 and streamed on the City of Atlanta’s website at www.atlantaga.gov (Click on the ATL City Channel icon in the middle of the webpage and click on the words: “Watch Channel 26 Live” located on the left of the screen.)
Citizens are encouraged to submit their questions and concerns in advance or during the first meeting and 5 days after using various electronic modes:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Via Twitter to @ATLCouncil and use the hashtag: #parkatlanta2016
- Via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/atlantacitycouncil
- By calling the Atlanta City Council Office of Communications at 404-330-6823 or 404-330-6775. Please leave your name.
Additional community meetings are scheduled as follows:
- At 6:30 p.m. Thursday, December 10 at Inman Middle School, 774 Virginia Avenue NE.
- Final meeting: date, time and location to be announced.