I-20, I-285 and I-75 will have several lane closures this weekend as the result of road construction, according to the Georgia DOT. At one point overnight, all lanes on I-285 will be closed between Paces Ferry Road and Atlanta Road.
Click here to get realtime updates on traffic conditions around the metro area
Follow the @AJCWSBTraffic on Twitter to get those updates on the go
- The Express Lanes project will require a traffic detour at Barrett Parkway. Southbound traffic will be directed to exit the interstate at Barrett Parkway (Exit 269) then resume travel on the interstate via the southbound entrance ramp from Barrett Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- The Express Lanes Project will also require one northbound and one southbound lane closure between Wade Green Road and Chastain Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require various lane closures southbound between Jonesboro Road and SR 20/SR 81 from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Saturday.
One northbound lane will close between SR 120 Loop/South Marietta Parkway and SR 5/SR 5 Spur/Canton Road Connector from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Part of the exit ramp and gore will close northbound at the exit of Spring Street from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday to replace a crash attenuator.
- One northbound lane will close between Barrett Parkway and Chastain Road and one southbound lane will close between Dupree Road and Towne Lake Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Saturday for work on the Express Lanes project.
- One northbound and one southbound lane will close between SR 92/Alabama Road and SR 140/Hickory Flat Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Work on the Express Lanes Project will require one lane closure eastbound just before the I-75 interchange from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Bridgework will require two southbound lane closures at the Atlanta Road exit and one eastbound and one westbound lane closures on Atlanta Road continuously from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Overnight pacing operations will require all northbound and southbound lanes to close between Paces Ferry Road and Atlanta Road.
- A rolling closure will require two southbound lanes to close between the I-85 interchange and SR 8/US 278/Hollowell Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Contractors will correct some striping on the eastside Perimeter between the I-20 interchange and the I-85 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Sign structure work will require two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane closures between the I-85 interchange and SR 14 SPUR/SR 279/Old National Highway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One eastbound and one westbound lane will close at SR 139/Riverdale Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between Cleveland Avenue and the I-285 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. No ramps will close at any time.
- Two eastbound lanes and two westbound lanes will close between SR 280/H.E. Holmes and SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Two eastbound lanes will close between Almon Road and SR 12/US 278 continuously from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
State routes, highways and surface streets
- SR 3/US 41/Northside Drive will close between the I-75 interchange and Collier Road for utility repairs. Traffic will be detoured to Howell Mill Road from 7 a.m. Saturday to 11 p.m. Sunday.
- Resurfacing work will require one lane closure on SR 138 between SR 54/Jonesboro Road and Government Circle and one lane closure on SR 54/Jonesboro Road between Citizens Parkway and Oxford Drive from 9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday.
- On SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One lane will close on SR 279/Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to SR 14/US 29/Roosevelt Highway from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for resurfacing.